Focusing on Math and Science in Panama
- In keeping with Sci High's mission to promote math and science education, students will be exposed to the Panamanian educational system by attending science and math classes alongside Panamanian high schoolers at an urban public high school.
- Sci High students will experience the engineering marvel that is the Panama Canal, and will deepen their understanding of the Canal's role in international trade and politics by visiting the world-class Panama Canal Museum. http://www.panamacanalmuseum.org/
- A highlight of the trip is a day-long visit to the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute, one of the leading research institutes dedicated to understanding biological diversity in the world. http://www.stri.si.edu
Language Immersion and Home Stays in Rural Panama
- Student travelers will spend two nights with families in the rural agricultural village of El Centeno, located in central Panama. While spending time with their host families, students will learn about local farming and livestock practices and be truly immersed in the Spanish language.
- The budget for Sci High's trip to Panama is $20,000. In order to make this trip a reality, students and faculty will hold a silent auction, benefit concert, and many other fundraisers. We depend on the generosity of Sci High's community as well as that of the greater New Orleans community in order to make this transformative experience happen.
- Jessica White
- Barovechio & Schneider
- Laura Beauchamps
- Kyle Shepherd
- Jaz & Joe Fraimaranza
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more