St Julie Billiart and St. Peter parishes, located in North Ridgeville OH, have joined together in forming the “St. Julie & St. Peter Ukrainian Welcome Circle” through Sponsor Circles. Our mission is to welcome and resettle a Ukrainian family of four in the Greater Cleveland area where they will find a strong social and cultural community. Our Welcome Circle is a core group of volunteers, from both inside and outside our two parishes, who are committed to supporting the family in becoming self-sufficient as soon as possible after their arrival in September.
The total commitment of the Welcome Circle is for 2 years, but right now we are focused on the intense work to support the first 6 months after arrival, which is a critical time for them to establish their new life in Greater Cleveland and achieve independence.
Successful integration of the family into their new neighborhood depends on our success in:
- Finding, securing and furnishing initial housing
- Stocking the pantry
- Assistance in navigating their new community
- Help in applying for available public benefits
- Accessing services and support programs and grants with supporting agencies
- Accessing healthcare services
- Enrollment in English Language courses
- Support in securing employment
- Navigation of public transportation
- School Enrollment for the children
We know that the responsibility of sponsoring a family is both serious and rewarding. We also believe that it is what we are meant to be doing to bring all of us closer together while providing a Ukrainian family the opportunity to begin again. We can't imagine the strength the family will need to leave their home and embark on this life-changing transition. Your contribution will enable us to support this transition.