Cancer Picked the Wrong Diva
***** 10/30/18 UPDATE BELOW THE ORIGINAL STORY (read on...) *****
“Mimi the Great,” as we call her, needs our help. She actually DESPERATELY needs our help, and so does her 5 year-old son. You see, this retired naval officer, Mimi is a single mum, and her son depends on her for everything. Mimi’s aggressive stage 4 inflammatory breast cancer that she kicked to the curb in a fraction of the time 3 years ago has returned. With a VENGEANCE. She currently has a tumor in her lungs and liver. According to the oncologist, it’s “her old enemy dressed up in different clothes and moved into the lungs and liver.” Her oncologist told her today that if she does not kill this cancer, she has less than six months, and will be “very sick” by Christmas.
Because it is the estrogen-dependent breast cancer in her lung, the options are slim. The only options she has at this time are alternative medical options and natural options, both of which are extremely expensive, to the tune of $10,000+ every 3 weeks. These medical interventions are NOT covered by the healthcare system, including the course(s) of action that Mimi is prepared to take to help her body fight this monster. We are creating this GoFundMe page for her in hopes that we can pull together the massive amount of funding that she needs for her fight.
But first, let me tell you about what she’s done - Stage 4 inflammatory breast cancer - gone after 3 months and 1 day of treatment. She added Vitamin C IV drop bags to the prescription of chemo and radiation. And an amazing warrior attitude with no options except to get rid of it. And so her body obeyed her commands.
Since she found out about this new diagnosis two weeks ago, and prior to her appointment today, Mimi has been doing Vitamin-C IV drips, acupuncture, alkaline water, massive quantities of supplementation, and essential oils, and her white blood cell numbers have increased dramatically, which means that her body is FIGHTING. She needs to keep fighting. She needs our help. Every dollar counts. And so her body obeys her commands!
Sometimes as her friends our hearts feel heavy and sink - but talking to her and listening to the fact that there are no other options except to get rid of it, and “Mimi the Great” has us circling wagons so her body will obey her commands!
Here’s the breakdown of expenses:
*Each Vitamin-C IV treatment is $150, for best results she is taking 2 a week.
*Supplements from a world-renowned immunologist in Europe is $10,000 - he has had great success at clearing the body of mutated cells entirely!
*Local treatment (that is considered experimental and not covered by her health care) from her oncologist is $10,000 every 3 weeks - with the hope of being done after 4 to 6 treatments
*Finley, her 5 year old son needs to have an amazing memorable vacation with his mum! We can’t put a price on that! When her body has won this “SUPER” war, she will celebrate with her sweet boy!
Mimi is a mountain that is refusing to bow to the wind - She’s someone who figures that taking a step backward after taking a step forward is not a disaster; it’s more like a cha-cha... supporting her on this go-fund-me page not only helps her monetarily, but is an immense boost to her emotional well-being knowing that we have faith in her ability to not only attack this disease using natural and western medicine, but also using the power of positivity.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this, and thank you for helping if you are able.
UPDATE ON MIMI AS OF OCTOBER 30, 2018:
Mimi is currently on antibiotics for a pericardial effusion, this has been the delay (from what Mimi has told me the antibiotics aren't working, or aren't working well enough - I am still waiting to hear what the actual bacteria name is 2 hospital visits and still I don't know).
She still has a tube draining fluid from her lungs, and this causes major pain. The meds to combat the pain was giving her unbearable nausea, however the nausea is now under control with anti-nausea meds.
The good news is that her brutal cough is 100% gone (for those who don't know, she had been coughing hard since January) and her breathing is back to normal.
Mimi currently has in and out privileges at the hospital on the Sunshine Coast, so she comes and goes everyday. She also spends nights from time to time at her dad's house, which is not far from the hospital. She gets to see Finley often with this current arrangement!
This is the current protocol and what she also needs funding for moving forward, as the original plan has been changed due to the series of infections (see below):
Vitamin C drips twice a week @ $150 each
Acupuncture $150 twice per week
Cost of Immunologist / biochemist (Dr Smarda) from the Czech Republic who has done all of the in-depth testing thus far, and also has been providing Mimi with very large quantities of supplements to take daily
** Thanks to Dr Joe and his expertise, Mimi's liver (which was devastated months ago by a jaundice type A (Reactivated) and some small light-density-mass in q2/liver, and was showing 3000% excess of marking since Aug. 2018) is now IDEAL.
Prescriptions - 80% of these are covered by extended medical plan, and the other 20% is out of pocket.
Mimi will be taking an oral chemo that has shown to be effective for her specific type of metastasized breast cancer.
Mimi will be going to a clinic for three weeks in Cancun, Mexico, and it looks like she will be going in late November. Dr Smarda plans on going for five days while she is there, to assist in overseeing her treatment. She has to go to the one in Cancun, as there is equipment there that the other clinic in Tijuana does not have. Dr Smarda intends on visiting Mimi again when she returns to Canada around Christmastime to stay on top of her progress.
Breakdown of Mexico Treatment Plan:
1. 3 week Clinic Stay: $22,500.00 USD
(Includes lodging, transportation, meal allowance, assessments, supportive therapies, follow up & Core HP Supplements)
2. PDT Plus: $12,900.00 USD
(8 sessions of laser light therapy using 2 different IV sensitizers + laser light watch & 3 months oral sensitizer to go home)
3. Sunivera Immunotherapy: $12,900.00 USD
(3 month protocol to continue at home)
4. MaraGen: $3,600.00 USD
(8 bottles for a 3 month supply to go home)
5. Resveratrol IV: $3,150.00 USD ($350.00 per IV x 9)
(100mg IV, 3 times a week)
6. Nebulizer Protocol $295.00 USD
(Includes, device, oils, and stabilized oxygen)
(**Per Dr. Tony’s recommendation, add Silver /$40.00 per bottle)
7. Subclavian Catheter: $500.00 USD
(If applicable, used for daily IV treatments)
That is all of the information that we have at this time. We apologize for the delay on getting an update out sooner. We were at the mercy of the infections that were in Mimi's lungs and liver, and now that those are stabilized, the future is looking GREAT and POSITIVE, and we are praying for a full recovery.
Mimi is a fighter, a warrior, and a CHAMPION.