Help Cure Diabetes Ignorance
Cure Diabetes Ignorance!
In 2014, Team Diabadass made history as the first diabetic relay team in the longest single-state relay run in the US, the Capital to Coast Relay.
This year, we're doing it again, running 223 miles, day and night, from Austin to Corpus Christi on the Gulf Coast. Type 1s and Type 2s. And all athletes.
If you thought we were all lazy, unmotivated overeaters, wake up and smell the reality.
This team of diabetic athletes, Diabadasses, is going to blow up myths about the people who have diabetes.
MEET TEAM DIABADASS 2015
Who's on the team?
- Julie, type 1, and a veteran triathlete and marathoner
- Dave, type 1 marathoner, triathlete, & century cyclist
- Don, T1 ultra- & multi-marathoner, & triathlete
- Glenn, T1 triathlete and century cyclist
- Jeff, T1 marathoner and century cylist
- Mason, type 1 runner and cyclist
- Kelley, type 2 ironman finisher
- Josh, type 1 and 300-mile endurance runner
- Michael, type 1 runner and past C2C participant
- Jim, pre-diabetic century cyclist and tireless advocate
- Sarah, type 1 runner and semi-pro rollerblader
- Doug, first type 1 to run solo across continental US
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Help support the relay team:
We'll have 6 runners at a time on the road, while the other six rest. Then we alternate. We're all chipping in money, time and equipment ourselves -- and we'd truly appreciate your donations of any amount to help us pay for van rental and gas, plus water, food and other cash expenses during the event.
Curing diabetes ignorance is a worthy goal -- but a cure for diabetes would be far better. That's why any funds you contribute here at GoFundMe that exceed our actual expenses will go to ADA to help fund research into a cure.
Join Team Diabadass yourself:
You can also join Team Diabadass (running not necessarily required!).
Loans of equipment or donations of supplies
We'd be delighted to receive donations of supplies or loans of equipment, too. Or email us if you'd like to discuss.
If your business or organization wants to be swept away by our media machine, email Don Muchow or Jeff Kilarski.
Thank you for your support -- and let's Cure Diabetes Ignorance together!