Join the #ChasteAfter Movement
Since no one donates money to someone they don't know, please allow me to introduce myself...
I'm Kelly... a born-again-virgin birthmom.
For those who don't know what that means, it means that I had premarital sex, got pregnant, then made the difficult decision to place my first & only child into the home of a loving married mother and father who could give him what I couldn't at the time. (Click here to watch my full adoption story video.)
Several years after choosing adoption for my birthson, I chose to be adopted too... by Christ (Romans 8:15). Being "born-again" means that I've given Christ my life, which includes my sex life. Since I believe that God's plan is the best plan, I refuse to settle for less than sex within--and only within--the covenant of marriage.
Why did I start a GoFundMe Campain?
I'm on GoFundMe because I have a vision of other unwed non-virgin women & teens rising up, joining together, and fighting to be CHASTE (aka abstinent/pure) AFTER.
Chaste after WHAT, you ask?
Here are some examples:
- Chaste after having an abortion
- Chaste after being sexually assaulted/raped
- Chaste after receiving an STD
- Chaste after giving birth outside of wedlock
- Chaste after going through a divorce
- Chaste after cohabiting with an abuser
- Chaste after engaging in premarital sex for years
- Chaste after choosing to chase after Jesus
- Chaste after ANYTHING!!!
If you donate to this movement, this is what your money will go toward:
- A website. I've already locked down and purchased the domain name www.ChasteAfter.org.
- A blog. Several #ChasteAfter men and women from varying sexual backgrounds (above examples included) have already agreed to be featured. This will not just be a personal blog; it will be interactive and engaging.
- A podcast. Similar to the blog, but audible!
- Maintaining Social Media Platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Speaking Engagements. This fund will allow me to offer free services to non-profits who can’t afford to pay a speakers fee.
- Volunteer Work/Partnership with the #1 abstinence education program in the world. My services are not in their budget right now (abstinence program funding is hard to come by these days) but I would like to offer them services for free.
(To see my resume and examples of my work, click here.)
Having sex outside of marriage has many emotional, physical, and spiritual risks. I've experienced most of them first hand, and perhaps you have experienced some of them too. I'm ready to fight AGAINST premarital sex, and fight FOR healthy relationships/marriages... are you?
Together we can build a community... a movement... of women who will no longer settle for less... of women who respect their bodies... of women who strive to protect their mind, body, and spirit... regardless of decisions they’ve made in the past.
(DISCLAIMER: My target audience for Chaste After is narrow for now--women only--because I feel better equipped to answer their questions about sex/dating/relationships than the questions of boys/men. I'm open to gender neutral re-branding in the future.)
Your donations, support, and suggestions mean the world to me. I'm asking for $50, 758 because that is the average salary of the school counselors in my area. With a Masters in School Counseling and three years of PR/Marketing experience, that seemed like a fair salary. I would love to be able to dedicate a year minimum to this cause.
Any little bit helps, even if it's just a dollar, thumbs up, or prayer. If reading this affected you AT ALL, please share!
And remember: "You don't need to be perfect to be #ChasteAfter." <3