Buyout of Ai Portland from DCEH
The owner of The Art Institute of Portland, Dream Center Education Holdings LLC (DCEH), has decided to close the college n December 31, 2018, due to financial considerations.
We, the faculty and staff at The Art Institute of Portland, would like to buy the college from DCEH and continue to run it, so that we can continue to provide great education in the applied arts to current and future students.
The Art Institute of Portland offers the following programs:
Bachelor of Fine Arts Programs
Apparel Design (Sustainability Minor)
Digital Film & Video
Fashion Marketing (Sustainability Minor)
Game Art & Design
Graphic & Web Design
Interior Design (Sustainability Minor)
Media Arts & Animation
Photography & Design
Visual Effects & Motion Graphics
Bachelor of Science Programs
Design Management (Sustainability Minor)
Industrial Design (Sustainability Minor)
Visual & Game Programming
Associate of Arts Programs
To speed up the fundraising, this fundraising campaign is organized as a 90/10 lottery. If we reach the $2 million goal, 10% of it, or $200,000 will be given back to 200 donors via a lottery. Each of these 200 donors will get $1,000. We will use the remaining $1.8 million to make an offer to DCEH.
The collected funds will go directly to buying the assets and liabilities of The Art Institute of Portland from DCEH. The $2 million goal is a rough estimate of how much the college is worth.
If we reach $1 million in donations by November 1, 2018, an official buyout offer will be made to DCEH. If we don't reach at least $1 millions dollars by November 1, 2018, all donations will be refunded to the donors.
This buyout is an attempt to have independence as a college and make the college the best applied arts college it can be. If we succeed in buying The Art Institute of Portland from DCEH, the following changes will most likely take place:
· The college will be independent
· The college will be owned by the faculty and staff of the college (i.e., skin in the game)
· The college will remain a nonprofit college
· The college will remain accredited by NWCCU
· The college will change its name
· The college will offer fewer programs
· The college will offer unique, exciting courses
· The college will move into a cheaper and smaller building
· The college will elect a new Board of Trustees
· The college will change its current quarter-based cycle of education to a semester-based cycle of education
· The college will be affordable
· The college will truly listen to and care for its students, faculty, and staff
· The college will be a place for creativity, imagination, inspiration, playfulness, engagement, and invention
· The college will nurture, support, educate, and train the changemakers of tomorrow
Thank you for supporting our fundraising campaign. Please send the link to all your friends and family. Also, if you know of companies that would like to help us by donating money to the campaign, please reach out to them.
We can do this!