Bathtubs of Bunz Goes Global
I thought I would be able to accomplish my goal because the Bunz community, which I looked for hosts through, is very welcoming, but I didn't anticipate the response; Over 200 people messaged me to bathe in their homes, many of them strangers. I didn't anticipate how touching, moving, and hilarious some of my experiences would be, the conversations we would have, or how much I would affect, collaborate with, and inspire others, just by giving a little bit of sunshine and whimsy, and sometimes, straight out chaos, into people's lives.
As more people reached out to me, so too did media outlets. At this point in time, I have been interviewed by 20 different media sources in 10 countries, including: TV, magazines, radio, podcasts, newspapers and social media websites. Because of this global exposure, I have now received offers from people in over 20 different countries to come and bathe in their places, from Russia to Thailand, and from Brazil to Japan. As this momentum grew, I kept being told from people around the world that I should start a documentary, or I should at least continue the original project past January, that I should set up a GoFundMe page, and that I should go to these places. Finally, just a few days ago, my landlords decided that their growing family could not accommodate me any further and I am being forced to move out of my home that I've lived in for 5 years. So, I'm taking this as a sign, and I am here to take this on the road.
1) To be clear, I have not been paid by any media or received any funds from anyone for this project at this point, hence the GoFundMe page.
2) The point of the continuation of this project is to continue to meet new people, unify our world through our stories and discussions, laughter, the universal need to bathe, and to make people's days happier around the globe.
3) The funds that I collect will be used largely for travel (airfare being the biggest), food, and hiring other collaborators, be it photographers, editors or videographers. I am a cheap traveler and will cook for myself, will couch surf, sleep outdoors if I need to, and rely on my hosts for accommodation. I want to also make donations to charities along the journey.
4) I would like to set out within the next few months, after I have had appropriate time to arrange the order of the countries and the bathtubs I will visit, as well as the people with which I will collaborate.
5) I am extremely grateful for any funds that can be contributed to this project and look forward to potentially bathing in your tub one day!
6) Thank you.