WRL Racer Relief Fund
This is Stephen, not PR. Don't have much energy but wanted to give you a personal update. Pardon any misspellings, my vision is still very bad.
1. There was no crash. Our Porsche went from 15th to 11th in the opening laps, setting a potentially winning pace, then burst into flames. Took every fire crew at the track to put it out and the car no longer exists. All we know for sure is that it was fuel pump related. There is nothing left of the car to examine. I do NOT blame my car owners, they are fine people. It was a freak accident.
2. Kelli Willmore and Robbie Pierce, thank you for literally saving my life. Impact has provided my safety gear for 8 years. I was wearing full nomex and a triple layer suit. Yes, it was that hot. I was out very fast, but the doctor told me my injuries were still considered "life threatening" as late as Sunday afternoon.
3. Airlifted to Austin, then to San Antonio with 1st-3rd degree burns on 7% of my body. Was unconscious for about 18 hrs. Every single doctor says I WILL be CAMERA READY for Mecum Kansas City, and 90% chance of no surgery. They told me they could actually put me on air in 2 weeks if they had to. Best burn center in the US I'm told.
4. Thanks to every single one of you for the hundreds of emails, tweets, etc. that I've received. You have no idea how much it means to me. I still haven't read them all yet because I start crying again every time I try. But it means so much to me that so many people care.
5. Thanks to whoever started our GoFundMe page, it is helping so much. Somebody please post the link here, I don't have it. Please share it. It is truly helping. And thanks to whoever started the #RaceDad tag!
6. My days are --- try not to think about accident, go get burn treatment, take meds while trying not to relive accident, try not try cry at every new email, get more treatment, repeat 24 hrs and lose track of what day it is. Try so hard to stay positive, stay positive.
7. What you can do to help -- GoFundMe (Pls post link someone! ), please keep praying. Tomorrow is a big decision day. Don't forget about me. To you the news is now days old. To me the reality is just setting in with the daily grind. Please don't forget me. I need every single hope and prayer you can muster. I swear I won't let you down. Every time I want to give up I remember that I can't because so many people are pulling for me.
Please share this with anyone you like.