Help PatPat's Hats Spread Warmth
When Patrick James was diagnosed with brain cancer (medulloblastoma) back in 2011, our lives were changed forever. Our family wanted to thank the incredible staff of Smillow Cancer Hospital and Yale New Haven Children's Hospital with a thank you gift. The gift of warmth and kindness. This gift was in the form of hats.
This was intended to be a 1 time gift, yet here we are in 2014 and we are STILL donating hats. Our hats have reached children all over the country. They have even gone internationally to Canada and other countries through Jesse's Joy Jars. Every time we receive hats, we are overwhelmed by the beautiful creation, but most importantly the love and care that goes into each stitch.
Donating these hats does take some money; Some of the costs that we incur are:
- Shipping: By far the biggest expense. Shipping of hats to hospitals and children in need is not free.
- Storage: All of the hats need to be stored in Zip Lock bags, and in bins.
- Laundry: We launder all of the hats prior to donation, and we need to obtain fragrance free laundry detergent to do so.
- Supplies: All of our hats include a tag telling our story, we also send out a thank you post card. These supplies need to be purchased.
Our costs average about $5 per hat from prep, to storage, to shipping. We are looking for some wonderful people to help us cover the costs involved with PatPat's Hats to ensure that we can continue to spread the word.
As always we thank each and every one of you for the support you continue to give PatPat's Hats as we continue to spread warmth and joy to children around the world.
This Video is back from the very beginning, right when we started.
How does it work....
Donate to our GoFundMe Campaign.
We will deliver hats to one of our NonProfit organizations in YOUR name.
$5-$20 - funds a delivery of 10-20 hats
$25 - Funds a delivery of 25-50 hats
$50 funds a delivery of 50-100 Hats
What do these costs cover for us:
- Website upkeep
- shipping of hats
- storage of hats (bags, bins, etc)
- hat supplies (laundry detergent, tags, patches)
We want to continue spreading warmth to children in need, you can help us continue this mission.
We are preparing a donation to send up to Newfoundland, Canada !