Dominican Republic - Eye Mission 14
Without this Mission Trip 14, these people will continue to lose their eye sight when we can prevent it or recover it (via surgery).
ALL FUNDS received will be used to provide the people of the Sabana Yegua area of the Dominican Republic with eye exams, eye medication, glasses and eye surgeries.
Saint Mary Catholic Church and three Lions Clubs in the Kenosha and Racine County, Wisconsin; have operated an eye clinic and eye surgery mission in the Sabana Yegua area for the last 13 years.
The annual eye clinic and eye surgery mission last a total of 5 days.
· The Sabana Yegua area is in the south west region of the Dominican Republic.
· The Sabana Yegua area is the poorest in the Dominican Republic.
· The clinic serves 22 villages.
· The clinic covers 160 square miles.
· The clinic volunteers examine about 1,000 patients and provide glasses to those in need.
· The eye surgery team perform over 100 surgeries.
The annual eye surgery and eye clinic lasts 5 days. ANNUAL MISSION COSTS: $100,000.
· The volunteers donate approximately $45,000 to cover their expenses.
· Local parishes, friends and families of the volunteers donate about $30,000 to cover non-medical mission costs.
· The medical, medication, and hospital costs are over $35,000 and THIS IS WHERE WE DESPERATELY NEED YOUR HELP.
In the past, the Lions Club International previously funded the hospital and medication costs, but now grants have changed and we have lost this money, so we are reaching out to our surrounding communities for your assistance.
Without this Mission Trip 14, these people will continue to lose their eye sight when we can help prevent it or recover it (via surgery).
A receipt will be provided for your records.
Please help us make a difference in this part of the world and help these caring people. La Sagrada Familia Pilgrimage is the sister parish of St. Mary Catholic Church in Kenosha, WI.