"Mission to Free Pastor Saeed!"
On September 26, 2012 Pastor Saeed Abedini, an Iranian born American citizen, was jailed in Iran. He has a wonderful wife, Naghmeh, and two precious young children who live in Boise, Idaho.
He was arrested while working to build an orphanage in Iran which he had permission to build from the Iranian government.
Over the past year, I have prayed and worked closely with Naghmeh organizing events here in Washington, D.C. and speaking out with passion across the nation calling for the release of Saeed and ending worldwide religious persecution.
In light of this, I was involved with Naghmeh as she put together as many as 100 prayer vigils and demonstrations across America and around the world, in support of the release of Pastor Saeed and embracing religious freedom on September 26.
I led the prayer vigil and demonstration in front of the White House, here in Washington, D.C.
It is our feeling that the Holy Spirit is opening up a unique "Window of Opportunity" and we need to climb through it. Here are some the reasons we feel it is critical to do this mission now:
1. The attention of the press and news around the world is focused on Pastor's Saeed from these vigils and demonstrations on September 26.
2. With the recent election of President Rouhani, Tehran is looking to show the global community that they are changing, and the release of Pastor Saeed would clearly demonstrate that.
3. I would be traveling to Iran, not as representative of the United States government, but as a faith and religious leader. I would be speaking to President Rouhani, who is also a cleric, not through the language of politics but of faith.
4. Since I am not going as a representative of the United States government, it will give Iran the opportunity to release Pastor Saeed without American political pressure.
5. Finally, if you want to see a miracle, you have to create an environment and opportunity to God perform a miracle. We are creating such a situation for the Holy Spirit to move!
This entire mission will cost $6,000 for one person and $8,000 for two and will include things like: covering the costs of, airfare, housing, ground transportation, phone and communication costs and social networking. To put this context, many of our global projects incur phone and communication costs of over $2,500.
We are asking our Facebook friends to help with this GoFundme campaign. Since the Christian Defense Coalition is a small ministry and this mission came to "life so quickly," it was not in our planned budget. So we need you to be as generous and gracious as possible.
Of course the most important thing anyone can do is pray, and we ask you to join with us in believing that Pastor Saeed will soon be united with family! God is good. Faithful. And, always amazing!