Red's Service Dog
We are currently trying to raise money for "red". As some of you know he has a severe case of epilepsy as well as a (VNS - Vagal Nerve Stimulator) chest implant. We have tried different medications and therapy's. They help but not to the point where he can be left alone and I can feel safe. His insurance will not approve home health aide because he is mobile but there has been many times when he has a seizure and no one is around. He use to have major seizures every 1.5 and now it has only been 6 months ago and they are getting closer together. A service dog would assist him in his needs when I am at work and the children are at school, as well as alert 911 during a seizure. All donations are going to go towards him obtaining a service dog which he is in need of very badly. You can make donations here or please contact the company we are working with to make a donation to them. The company that will be assisting is Pen Dragon Acres US k-9 Inc. http://www.pendragonacres.com/+ Read More
Tomorrow is our big day. Tomorrow we find out if Joey is a candidate for brain surgery. If he is he will be having two surgery’s one for the brain and the other for the removal of the VNS. His condition has not improved since his last hospital admittance. It seems to actually be getting worse. Sometimes he could start talking and all of a sudden he goes frozen. He never did that before. He also has been found wondering the streets in an absent seizure which can be very dangerous. We have our appointment at 9am tomorrow. I will also be asking more questions regarding his recent weight loss since his PCP stated he can’t find any medical reason why he has lost weight. Also, I will get the records from his stay last month in the hospital. Please keep him in your prayers.
Yesterday we went to see Joey’s doctor for the VNS. They want to remove it but need to wait to find out if he is a candidate for brain surgery. They do not want to put him under twice. While in the office he went into an absent seizure. I was happy but sad as it lasted over 2 hours but the dr was able to see it firsthand. They are now worried about the weight loss Joey has had within the last two years. With the weight loss his vns is starting to pop out. The doctor stated he has lost most of his body fat. We have a next apt on the first. We will find out if he can get the brain surgery. We still need to raise $10k to get him his much needed service dog. With the money we have raised he is continuing to train with Lady. You can tell the bond between them is great. Please continue to share and donate.
Sorry there has not been many posts. Joey is still not doing to well. I switched his doctors because the old doctor did not want to run any tests on him. They just wanted to medicate him. The new doctor has ordered all the tests including an MRI. He just finished his last test and we get the results the 29th. We are still needing assistance in getting his SD home. The doctor thinks he might have Doose Syndrome which means he is hard to medicate.
Things have been very difficult lately. Seems like his doctors are not listening to the face that he is getting worse. We were in the hospital because they thought he had a brain bleed thank god he didn't. He is not developing more frequent grand mal seizures. We are in the process of switching doctors but he cannot see the new provider until Feb. please continue to pray and donate and share.