Nicholls and I have come to a tough decision but a necessary one. Sedona has been bleeding from her nose the past 2 months and it's time for surgery. She has been seen by her vet of 5 years, and they notified us last wek she will need Rhinoscopy surgery to remove what they believe to be a foreign object that has embedded into her nasal wall.
This surgery does not gaurentee this is not cancer, but we are hopeful this will be the last and only surgery we have to have with her. While we do not suspect this is a tumor causing the blood, we won't know until she has the Rhinoscopy done.
It is extremely hard for us to ask for help, but we are running out of hope that it will clear up on it's own. This year, rather than have a 30th bday party with drinks, I'm asking for any bday celebratory drinks be given in a donation for Sedona, so we can start helping her feel better.
Thank you everyone for all of your support!
Sedona is doing much better, but we are still awaiting her steroid treatment. More updates to come-but donations are no longer necessary! Thank you for your overwhelming love and support!
Jenny and Nicholls
Finally able to report more happy news with Sedona! She came out of her surgery last week and took about 3 days to recover and get her "spunk" back. I spoke to the vet today and so far 2 of the 3 tests have finished and we are waiting on the 3rd and final culture. The good news is, is that the vets have ruled out cancer! The bad news is, that she will always be on steroids which can cause cancer later in life/shorten their life.
Nicholls and I have decided this is the best alternative, as we are thrilled we will get as many great years with Sedona as possible, versus another miserable 10. Quality of life vs. Quantity.
We should have a treatment plan of medications this week from the vet which is suppose to help cure what might be "Rhinitis". She's currently on about 3 different medications and has been seemingly better so far. We had a great girls weekend and she's been all smiles. :)
Thank you again for your thoughts, donations, support and just general kindness. We feel very fortunate to have so many wonderful people in our lives!
I won't update again until a couple weeks after treatment has been determined. Stay tuned but all is looking up!
Jenny and Nicholls
Sedona had her Rhinscopy late last night and stayed overnight in the hospital for monitoring. She was released to us this afternoon and is sleeping comfortably with her "daddy". I think she is relieved to be back home in her own bed with Mr. Moo. :)
I had a chance to speak to the vet, and while they noted her tissue sample was not what they were hoping to find (typically found in older dogs), we will not have the results of the biopsy until Thursday at the earliest.
We are continuing to let her rest and pamper her with toys and hugs! We will send another update at the end of the week-thank you all for your continued support!
Sedona is back at the vet awaiting surgery. She is being recieving some additional tests to ensure she's stable for anesthesia and the rhinoscopy. Surgery will likely happen tomorrow morning since today her tests are being run in prep for the procedure.
She's definitely a bit lethargic as the recent week has been a rough one, but still in good spirits wagging her tail as she was taken for boarding. We hope to have more difinitive answers upon test results and samples from the surgery. We will post an update soon. Again, thanks to all for your ongoing support and love!