A lot of good work has been happening at 20 Cilley Hill Road. We have had electricians, HVAC, plumbers, siders and insulators at the house for the majority of the past few weeks but we are running out of time.
We have just over one month to complete the project and here's where we are at:
1. The siding in 80% complete with portions of the back and front to be finished and the soffits installed over the prow and a couple places in the
front and back.
2. All the electrical wires have been run. The electrician has a few more days with the control panel. The breakers need to be installed. All the lights and outlets will need to go in after the drywall is hung.
3. The HVAC needs to put in several returns, two more hot air runs, and finish the black piping. He also needs to install the hot water unit and the AC unit.
4. Most of the rough in plumbing drain pipes and venting are in. Several of the rough in hot/cold drops have been installed. We still have to run the main headers and connect them to the hot water tank and cold supply. In addition, we need to purchase a whole house filter and possibly a water softener to remove iron from the water.
5. The fiberglass and spray foam are in for the most part. They missed several spots, so we are trying to get them to come back and finish the job. Also, they need to spray R-50 blown cellulose in the attic once the drywall goes in.
6. The drywall has been delivered, but instead of starting this past Wednesday, they have pushed us back to the end of next week and maybe into the
following week after the holiday. This delay has us quite concerned because we cannot begin to work on finishing the house until this goes in.
7. The downstairs shower unit will be delivered on Tuesday. This is our third attempt at delivery. The previous two times, the unit came damaged from
8. The pre-assembled kitchen and bathroom cabinets will be delivered August 30th and will need to be installed after the drywall goes up, along with the soffit over the cabinets and range hood.
9. The master shower must be concreted and tiled.
10. Railings need to be built and installed on the deck.
11. The walls need to be painted.
12. The window interiors need to be stained and the window trim too before being nailed up.
13. Sinks, toilets and faucets need to be chosen and installed.
14. Flooring must be chosen and installed.
15. Access to the house via ramps and stairs must be done.
16. Chimney pipe must be designed, ordered and installed, along with two gas fireplaces.
As you can see, there is an overwhelming list of things to be done before September 30th. If you have a specialty and some time to donate, I could really use your help.
The siding is 80% done.
The fiberglass insulation installed.
Spray foaming the gable ends.