Help us celebrate the memory of Kari Ramjattan!
Our friend, Kari Ramjattan, was a dedicated member of the TIFF volunteer and staff team who passed away in 2010. Inspired by Kari's love of life (and her love of horror films!), her friends, family, and colleagues have set up Kari's Scaries in her honour.
Your contribution will help offer an emerging journalist, blogger, or film critic with a passion for horror movies with the opportunity to attend the 2012 Toronto Film Festival, where they will work on their craft and be mentored by Colin Geddes, the programmer of TIFF's Midnight Madness series. This bursary programme is a unique professional development and career-building opportunity that spreads Kari's love of horror movies and her dedication to TIFF.
The successful applicant will receive:
1. A bursary to support costs of travel to the Festival in Toronto
2. Three nights of accommodation in Toronto at the Fairmont Royal York Hotel
3. A pass to attend the Festival and tickets to Midnight Madness film screenings
4. Admission to special events during the Festival, hosted by Midnight Madness programmer Colin Geddes
5. Opportunities to meet with other Festival delegates, including journalists, directors, writers, actors, and other industry professionals
Please help us celebrate Kari's life with this incredible program!
Special thanks to Kari's son, Kelvin Ramjattan Jr., for providing the beautiful artwork above.