The IYC Youth Action Grant gives youth leaders in our 29 country chapters the opportunity to put their ideas into action, using a grant from the IYC executive board to build structured, accountable and effective projects that engage youth to tackle challenges in their communities.
The first 'call for proposals' for the IYC Youth Action Grant was released at the start of 2012, announcing a $250 USD seed grant from the IYC executive board in New York City. This process has been designed specifically to allow the youth leaders in IYC chapters to tell us what matters most to them, and how they plan to address it. So long as the structure of the project fits into the IYC mission statement to engage youth in a positive and peaceful manner towards development goals, the country chapter has the freedom to design, implement and most of all have ownership over their project. The IYC then supports the selected project with guidance, technical assistance and mentorship to reach (and surpass) the stated objectives.
Due to the success of the first IYC Youth Action Grant in Kenya (see the outcome report here), the second IYC Youth Action Grant will support two or more projects with budgets up to $500 USD, that show outstanding innovation and creativity while satisfying the following criteria:
- Address and area that falls within the IYC Mission Statement
- Provide a detailed and comprehensive project budget including a schedule and intended vendors and/or service providers
- Demonstrate a clear linkage to one or more of the UN Millennium Development Goals
- Involve Youth in the implementation of the project and/or as beneficiaries of the project
- Utilize the funds within 90 days of them being transferred to the Chapter
- Be based on a human rights, gender-equitable and multi-faith framework
We need your the help of the public to make this grant happen! Donations of any size can be made through this site to Eric Dales, IYC Finance Director, or tax-deductible through our Fiscal Agent here (please write "IYC Youth Action Grant" in the designation field").
Please see the IYC website for information on where IYC chapters operate.
International Youth Council (IYC)