X-rays show that Clyde is not responding the way we had hoped to his increase in medication for the fluid in his lungs. His cardiologist at OSU is suggesting we add yet a fifth medication to try and get this issue under control so that hopefully he can breath better. As of Monday Clyde decided to stop eating, we have tried gravy, canned food, cottage cheese and different kibbles. Some he will eat for a day or so and than turn his nose again, so for now it is rotisserie chicken and brown rice. We rechecked bloodwork this week to see how his kidneys are holding up to the medication increase and so far so good, however his Potassium is lowering so he really needs to eat. If his Potassium continues to lower they want to add in a supplement, which means yes a SIXTH medication. We are hanging in there, Clyde is still in good spirits but I am definitely not seeing the same energetic dog that was there three months ago. I am hopeful for the future but preparing myself for what the inevitable outcome is with this disease. I can't bring myself to end this battle without knowing Clyde has fought all he can, he is way to young to make any drastic decisions due to money constraints. So again, we are still accepting donations, please continue to get the word out. If we can't get donations we could still use all the prayers and support we can get. I am still hoping for some miracle to come of all this. We love you all xoxo
Clyde is responding to his increase in medication. There is still fluid built up around his lungs due to his episode of congestive heart failure that we are trying to resolve with another increase in meds. He has developed an elevated heart rate which we are going to attempt to treat by adding in a fourth medication. This will help relieve some stress off his already enlarged heart. He is now getting four different medications three times a day. They aren't sure how long he has, his heart could stop at any time, but they did advise me to watch his quality of life. They said there are many more medications that could be added and changed to keep him alive and that so far I have done everything I'm supposed to do. We are going to attempt to recheck X-rays and bloodwork at my work to save money and just send them off to the cardiologist for opinions, we will need to be making another trip up to OSU 1-2 months from now. In the meantime most of Clyde's funds will be going to medications and we may have more emergency vet visits in the future, lets hope not. Thank you all again for the support and donations. It takes a special person to go through all of this for "just a dog" but it takes amazing people to give so much support. We love all of you dearly. Xoxo
I want everyone to know I have raised my goal amount for Clyde's fund to $10,000, I don't expect to reach this goal nearly as fast as last time nor do I ever even expect to reach this goal but I am planning for the bumpy road we have ahead. Clyde went back into heart failure Wednesday morning, luckily we caught it early enough to treat at the emergency vet but its causing an increase in medications(multiple medications three times a day) and of course bills. The emergency vet referred us back up to OSU for an ultrasound this Friday to find out more about medication dosage changing and possibly adding in a fourth medication into the mix for a secondary heart condition that causes a rapid heart rhythm. After talking with the doctor at the emergency vet she warned me that Clyde will continue to go in and out of heart failure and we will continue to increase and add medications to keep him alive. I haven't asked what happens when the medications can't be increased anymore. Clyde has been such a trooper through all of this but it's getting harder to watch and harder to keep track of bills. I know I am asking for a lot here and really all I want right now is a miracle. If we can just keep trying to spread the word we could use all the support and donations we can get. A little goes a long way, and to all our supporters who have already donated thank you so much. You have kept my best friend alive up to this point. Only two years with this dog just isn't enough, he isn't ready to say goodbye yet. We love you all.
First off let me start off by saying again, how thankful I am for the amount of donations and support Clyde and I have received over the past few days. Unfortunately, Clyde has been diagnosed with Dilated Cardiomyopathy(DCM). The specialist was honest in telling us that he is not completely sure of Clyde's life expectancy. He said it could be anywhere between nine months to two years. We will be heading back to OSU in a month for a follow up ultrasound to see the progression of his disease and what changes in medications we will need to make. I am absolutely heartbroken that he is going through all of this but he is being very strong about it. Right now all donations are going to be going towards medications (he is on three different medications twice a day) indefinitely, follow up ultrasounds and bloodwork and any possible emergency visits we may need to make. I am going to keep donations open for a few more weeks, if you guys could keep spreading the word. Right now I have no idea what costs may rise to in the future but we will continue to ask for all the help we can get. We love you all so much. xoxo
Just so you all know, so far your donations have helped me pay for Clyde's emergency vet stay, including starter medications ($700) and his consult and tests today at OSU ($600). As well as gas money for our commute to and from Corvallis ($40). We will find out today if the $3,000 surgery is an option. If not, all your donations will go to medications and tests in the future to make sure Clyde stays healthy and with us for as long as he can. I could not have done this without you guys, we are truly blessed. xoxo
Update: Clyde is up at OSU having his echo done with an amazing cardiologist. I will be heading back there to consult with the doctor at 3 about the findings. Right now we are hoping to find Patent Ductus Arteriosus(PDA) which is treatable with surgery. He is doing so well and was very comfortable and calm in the exam room. We can't thank you guys enough, I know we are all anxious to know what the future holds. I will keep you all posted! ❤❤❤ Maybe its coincidental but Tubthumping by Chumbawamba was on the radio when we hoped on I-5 this morning. "I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down"
Good Morning everyone!!! Clyde did great over night, we both got a lot of rest. He did wake up quite a few times to use the bathroom but that is expected with all the medications. I am making sure he stays hydrated! Here is a picture of him this morning, he krept into the bathroom when I was getting ready. He is definitely giving me the look...... xoxo
Clyde said he would help me write some updates but his medications had other plans(as you can see from the photo he is a snoozin'). We are going to try and get some good rest tonight. I will bring my laptop to OSU tomorrow, I will also have my phone to keep everyone updated. And I keep saying it but thank you all so much, I could not have done this without you. Clyde probably wouldn't still be here if it weren't for you guys but lets keep that between us. We are forever grateful. xoxo Hugs from the both of us!!
We got a call back from OSU, we are scheduled tomorrow morning at 9:00am with the Cardiologist! Keep your fingers crossed everyone for a better diagnosis tomorrow. And again, I can't thank you all enough for the donations. It's still less than 24 hours into this and we have almost raised $4,000. You guys are all so amazing! xoxo
Clyde was diagnosed with severe dilated cardiomyopathy and congestive heart failure in June at just two years old. The cardiologist is recommending rechecks every three months as well as emergency vet visits during his episodes of heart failure. I am lucky to work at a vet clinic where I can save money on his medications but his frequent emergency vet visits and cardiologist rechecks are racking up bills. We would like to continue to raise money over the next year so I can continue to have the money to keep him with us for how ever long he has. His prognosis isn't good but that doesn't mean I won't do whatever it takes to make sure he stays as healthy as he can. We could use all the support we can get, I am not ready to say goodbye just yet.