My name is Josh and i'm part of a group of military Veterans trying to make a difference. We are raising funds to start an Aquaponics Business. We are trying to feed those that have less. To teach people to be more self sufficient. We are raising this money to lease land, build green houses, and start our own aquaponic systems.
We would like to make and donate systems to those less fortunate. Setup systems for Non_profit Homeless organizations around the US.
- Spread our organization out to other countries. To teach people to grow food on their own.
- Research & Development to make the smallest systems and cheapest family sized systems possible. Systems that easily support a family of 5.
- Raising Black soldier fly larva. Used as a source of free protein for the animals and also a way to get rid of organic waste. Can be fed to fish and poultry.
- Raising poultry (Chickens, quail, ect..)
- Aquaponic Recipes - Healthy easy and healthy meals you can put together from food you have grown in your own aquaponic systems.
- Solar powered pumps - To make the systems completely off the grid.
- A mini ecosystem where nothing has to be added after the system has been started. Everything just works together. A never ending mini circle of life (Lion King Reference).
My personal viewpoint:
I'm a pretty big advocate on eating healthy. I just think it's sad to walk through grocery stores with such high prices. I just don't understand why healthy foods like fruits and vegetables seem to cost so much more. It literally cost more for people to live healthier lifestyles now a days.
Processed and unhealthy foods are so much cheaper for people to buy. Even though now it seems the cost of processed foods are also on the rise.
I just want to show people that it's not hard to live healthier lifestyles. Growing your own fruits, vegetables, and fish..... Can save you and your family lots of money and it can be fun too. It can really be a family project that even helps bring everyone closer together.
Live, Love & Laugh
- Always stay positive and keep a smile on your face. Even a fake smile can turn into a genuine one and make someones day.